This posting cannot receive an online application from your ChicagoJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Presence HealthDocument ID: AC224-0H0K Posted on: 2019-05-2105/21/2019 Job Type: Regular
Sterile Processing Tech, Chicago
Requisition ID: 52210
Location: Presence St Mary Chicago
The Sterile Processing Technician I under general supervision performs all duties involving the decontamination, cleaning, assembly and sterilization of ancillary department instruments, packaging/sterilization of supplies according to established guidelines. Distributes, sets up, and cleans patient care equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing sterilization services and is responsible for picking cases and supporting the operative team.
- Receives sorts, inspects, decontaminates and cleans all instrumentation and equipment according to established procedure. Removes damaged instrumentation needing repair from service and arranges for service and/or recommends replacement.
- Loads and operates automatic washer/disinfector and/or automatic cart washer according to established procedures and applicable safety regulations. Some manual cleaning may be necessary.
- Loads and operates sterilization equipment according to established procedures and safety regulations. Maintains accurate sterilization records, maintaining all service reports and monitoring records related to sterilizers.
- Performs all cleaning duties in department as needed, and maintains the department according to established guidelines and regulations, free of safety hazards.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent required.
One year SPD or related work experience preferred.
Must be proficient with Windows-style applications.
Knowledge of an MMS (material management system), and Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Outlook, Word) is preferred.
Business Unit: Presence Health