This posting cannot receive an online application from your ChicagoJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Presence HealthLocation: Avilla, IN 46710 Document ID: AD015-0FBW Posted on: 2019-05-1605/16/2019 Job Type: Regular
Certified Nursing Assistant, Ascension Living Sacred Heart Home
Requisition ID: 60406
Location: PLC Sacred Heart Home
515 North Main, Avilla, IN 46710-9410 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 16
Employment Status: Part-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Senior Services performs various duties under the direction and supervision of a professional licensed nurse to assist the nursing staff in meeting patient/resident treatment and care requirements. All duties are carried out in accordance with the established policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct patient/resident care as assigned by the licensed nurse and communicates patient's response.
- Performs routine procedures e.g. blood glucose monitoring, vital signs, heights, weights, intake and output and the collections of urine, stool and sputum specimens.
- Documents care per departmental standards in electronic medical record.
- Assists with patients' activity and providing a safe environment.
- Observes patients/residents while performing delegated tasks and reports significant findings regarding safety, personal needs and changes in patient's condition to the licensed nurse.
Education and/or Experience
- Must have completed at least eight years of grade school or provide proof of equivalent knowledge.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Previous experience in senior services preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certified Nursing Assistant certification required. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Application submittal is acknowledgement that pre-employment screening will be conducted on all potential hires post-offer. Applicants are entitled to a copy of the background check report and have the right to challenge its accuracy and completeness. If the applicant is covered by the Indiana Health Care Worker Background Check Act, and the applicant's record indicates a conviction, he or she may request a waiver from the Indiana Department of Public Health.