This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your ChicagoJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
United City of YorkvilleLocation: Yorkville, IL 60560 Document ID: AC415-57SQ
Ad Number: 1594470 Published on: 2018-10-2010/20/2018 Job Type: Regular
Published in: Shaw Media
Water Department ForemanAs seen in Shaw Media
The United City of Yorkville is seeking an experienced individual to fill the position of Water Department Foreman.
The Water Department Foreman is responsible for supervising the day to day activities of the United City of Yorkville water system and employees. This includes 5 water towers, 3 exchange treatment plants, 3 booster stations and 2 pressure reducing stations. The Water system services approximately 20,000 residents with a staff of 5 full time employees. In addition, the foreman will be responsible for all EPA and IEPA compliance regulations, planning and executing projects, scheduling work, working with the Director of Public Works for budgeting, scheduling, city projects, and other duties as assigned by the Director of Public Works or City Administrator.
- Class A water operator license from the State of Illinois
- Class A CDL driver's license
- Ability to install and repair water main, water services, valves, and fire hydrants
- Ability to proficiently operate all tools and equipment utilized by the water department which include, but are not limited to the following: combination backhoe/loader, wheel loader, skid steer, tapping machine, utility locator, chop saw and other small power tools.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Ability and experience to operate and understand a SCADA system
- 5 years in a supervisory position
- Experience in the repair and maintenance of sanitary sewer systems, storm sewer systems, and road construction.
- 5 years experience in snow removal operations
- Proficiency in Microsoft office software
Starting salary $67,465 - $95,000, DOQ. Residency is not required.
Qualified candidates can download an application by going to the City website at
Submit completed application forms, cover letter & resume to
Human Resources, Attn: Rachel Wright,
800 Game Farm Road, Yorkville, IL 60560
or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org