This posting cannot receive an online application from your ChicagoJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Yorkville Police DepartmentLocation: Yorkville, IL 60560 Document ID: AC352-54T7
Ad Number: 1576643 Published on: 2018-09-0509/05/2018 Job Type: Regular
Published in: Shaw Media
Police OfficerAs seen in Shaw Media
Entry-Level Police Officer Hiring Process
Yorkville Police Department
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the City of Yorkville, Illinois is accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Yorkville Police Department.
Starting Salary: $57,248.59 (Associate's Degree) with top out at 5 yrs. $79,189.46 / $58,393.00
(Bachelor's Degree) with top out at 5 yrs. $81,114.45
Sworn Police Officers: 29 full time, 4 part time
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the City of Yorkville:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions (or any misdemeanor conviction involving moral turpitude);
- Valid driver's license;
- Minimum of 21 years of age and UNDER 35 years of age at the time of application (unless otherwise exempt by Statute);
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent;
- Associate's degree in law enforcement or criminal justice from an accredited Illinois community/junior college -OR- a Bachelor's degree in any field from an accredited university or college -OR- has earned a minimum of 60 credit hours toward a Bachelor's Degree from an
- accredited college or university. (NOTE: this requirement is waived for applicants who have served a minimum of 24 months active military duty in the armed forces of the United States or have served a minimum of 180 days of active combat duty in the service of the armed
- forces of the United States, as recognized by the Department of Defense, and who have not been dishonorably discharged or discharged
- under less than honorable conditions);
- Attend mandatory written examination testing to be held on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 at 6:00 PM;
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee;
- Applications MUST be submitted online by Monday, October 1, 2018 @ 4:00 PM (CST).
- Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted.
Required documents (to be submitted at time of application):
- Copy of valid driver's license;
- Copy of birth certificate;
- Copy of social security card;
- Copy of High school diploma (or transcripts) -or- G.E.D. equivalent;
- Copy of official college transcripts;
- Copy of Military Service Record Form DD-214, if applicant has prior military service;
- Incomplete or defective application will not be accepted and will disqualify the applicant.
To apply for this position or obtain additional information, please visit the following website: http://www.applytoserve.com
The City of Yorkville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.