This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your ChicagoJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Kendall County Sheriff 'S OfficeLocation: Yorkville, IL 60560 Document ID: AC412-59N4
Ad Number: 1592905 Published on: 2018-10-1710/17/2018 Job Type: Regular
Published in: Shaw Media
Deputy Sheriff - PoliceAs seen in Shaw Media
The Kendall County Sheriff Merit Commission is accepting applications for the position of Deputy Sheriff-Police with the Kendall County Sheriff's Office.
Salary: $55,945.74 (as of 12/1/18)
Population of Kendall County: 126,218 (322 sq. miles); County seat: Yorkville
Total Sworn Deputy Sheriffs (Police): 55
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Kendall County Sheriff Merit Commission:
- Must be a citizen of the United States, or an alien admitted for permanent residence of the United States;
- No felony convictions (This includes no criminal conviction for domestic violence, nor any misdemeanor conviction involving moral turpitude (as defined under 50 ILCS 705/6.1), or a dishonorable discharge from military service (or US Army RE-4 separation or equivalent);
- Valid State-issued driver's license and a safe driving record;
- Minimum of 21 years of age at time of hire;
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent;
- Possess a valid NIPSTA P.O.W.E.R. Test Card -OR- equivalent as per the State standard, issued within 12 months of the application deadline date of November 20, 2018 (cards are considered valid only if issued between 11/20/17 and 11/20/18).
- P.O.W.E.R. Test cards issued by Triton College or Joliet Junior College will also be accepted.
- Eligible applicants must present a P.O.W.E.R. Test card NO LATER than the date of the application deadline (November 20, 2018).
- Eye sight correctable to 20/20; free of color-blindness;
- Residency within 25 miles of the Kendall County Public Safety Center within 1 year of hire date;
- Attend a mandatory orientation and written examination testing session on Saturday, December 1, 2018;
- Pass a written examination, oral interview, psychological evaluation, medical testing, drug screening, and background investigation, which includes a polygraph;
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
Preference Points will be awarded for the following:
Education: Persons who have successfully obtained an Associate's Degree -OR- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university. Copy of unofficial transcripts must be submitted at time of application to qualify.
Experience: Persons who have participated in the Kendall County Sheriff's Office Police Explorer or Auxiliary Deputy program.
Military: Persons who were engaged in the military or naval service of the United States for at least one year, and were honorably discharged -OR- who are now, or may hereafter be on inactive or reserve duty in such military or naval service. A copy of Military Form DD-214 or equivalent proof of current military service must be submitted at time of application to qualify.
To apply for this position or obtain additional information, please visit the following website: http://www.applytoserve.com
Kendall County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Kendall County considers applicants equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of their race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, pregnancy, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital or veteran status or disability, and to conform to applicable laws and regulations. Equal opportunity encompasses all aspects of employment practices to include, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, and discipline. Kendall County is committed to complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If an applicant requires a reasonable accommodation for purposes of completing the job application process, please contact the HR Manager of the Kendall County Sheriff's Office.