This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
AMITA HealthLocation: Wood Dale, IL 60191 Document ID: AD245-1U5H Posted on: 2019-07-1907/19/2019 Job Type: Regular
School Counselor - PT 24, Days, Glen Ellyn
School Counselor - Bev Health OP 004 - Part-Time, Day - AMITA Health Center for Mental Health - Glen Ellyn, IL
Shift: M-F will follow district school year calendar, 24 hours a week; 3 days a week at school location
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
To provide support, counsel, clinical consultation and advocacy to students and families at assigned local area parochial schools.
- Attend all school program staff meetings and other agency meetings as required
- Establishes and maintains family sessions when required.
- Provides group support and care for students as needed at each school.
- Be a liaison between students and any other outside referral source.
- Develops relationships with teachers, principals and school staff at assigned schools.
- Serves as liaison between school and parents while representing the best interest of the child at each school.
- Skilled in assessment of children and adolescents.
What You Will Need
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Social Worker (LSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. PEL (Type 73) or working toward certification in school social work preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Behavioral Science, Social Science, or Psychology required
- Master's Level Degree, Master's degree in social work, school counseling, psychology, or a related field highly desired.
- Two or more years of experience with children and adolescents in an academic or clinical setting highly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.