This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
AMITA HealthLocation: Wood Dale, IL 60191 Document ID: AD085-1505 Posted on: 2019-06-1906/19/2019 Job Type: Regular
Patient Transporter, FT - Hoffman Estates
Patient Transporter - Patient Transportation 001 - Full-Time,Day - AMITA Health SAMC - Hoffman Estates,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Transports patients, specimens and equipment throughout the facility.
- Transports patients via wheelchair, stretcher or bed to designated sites as requested, including patients with oxygen tanks, intravenous pumps, drips, monitors and other equipment.
- Assists patients with entering and exiting vehicles, including transfer from or to wheelchairs or stretchers.
- Delivers equipment and specimens to requesting staff or department. May assist staff with removal of deceased bodies from units and transport to morgue.
- Greets and provides information and direction to patients and visitors.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Friendly, helpful disposition.
- Detail oriented.
- Healthcare experience a plus.
- Must have open availability to work between the hours of 6 am and 11 pm any day of the week including weekends
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.