This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
AMITA HealthLocation: Wood Dale, IL 60191 Document ID: AD044-1GVH Posted on: 2019-03-0503/05/2019 Job Type: Regular
Medical Staff Service Director
Dir-Medical Staff - Medical Affairs Admin 001 - Full-Time,Day - AMITA Health SAMC - Hoffman Estates,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Directs the credentialing process and department resources.
- Directs the development and implementation of practices, policies and procedures in all functional areas of the department and assures compliance with all federal/state laws and healthcare accreditation/regulatory agencies.
- Provides expertise to executives and medical directors in formulation of policies relating to medical staff governance, and compliance with accreditation and regulatory requirements.
- Plans, organizes and directs all activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating and continuing education initiatives.
- Develops and recommends appropriate operational and departmental budgets. Ensures departments are operating within budget.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Credentialing Specialist credentialed from the National Association Medical Staff Services.
- Medical Services Management credentialed from the National Association Medical Staff Services.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required Master's degree preferred
- 5 years of experience required. 10 years of experience preferred. 2 years of leadership or management experience required. 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
|More Jobs from AMITA Health|