This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
AMITA HealthLocation: Wood Dale, IL 60191 Document ID: AD044-1H8B Posted on: 2019-03-2703/27/2019 Job Type: Regular
Hospital Based Teacher - PT, 20 hours
Hospital Based Teacher - Patient Education 001 - Part-Time, Day - AMITA Health ABBHH - Hoffman Estates,IL
Shift: 20 hours/week; M-F 8AM-12PM (could be flexible and has the possibility to change)
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Provides educational instruction to hospitalized students.
- Develops, provides and evaluates educational programs that will provide educational assistance and resources to patients.
- Prepares lesson plans and evaluates and monitors student's performance.
- Serves as single point of contact for external teachers and administrators.
- Supports the student's transition back to school.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Teacher.
- Diploma, High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- 3 years of experience preferred.
- BA, w/Valid PEL for the state of IL highly preferred.
- Experience working middle school and high school students highly preferred.
- Special Education Degree is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
|More Jobs from AMITA Health|