This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
AMITA HealthLocation: Wood Dale, IL 60191 Document ID: AD312-1SUQ Posted on: 2019-10-1010/10/2019 Job Type: Regular
Behavioral Teacher - FT, Days, Hoffman Estates
Teacher-Hospital Based - Patient Education 001 - Full-Time,Day - AMITA Health ABBHH - Hoffman Estates,IL
Shift: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Provide educational instruction and academic support to hospitalized students.
- Communicates with parent/guardian and patient's home school to request, receive, and facilitate completion of homework.
- Evaluates and monitors student's academic performance.
- Serves as the academic single point of contact for mental health professionals at school and within the hospital.
- Works with school liaison and clinical staff, as the academic contact, to support a patient's successful transition back to school.
- Documents weekly academic, emotional, and behavioral progress, as observed in the classroom for each patient.
- Electronically documents all attempted and completed communication with school and parents, as well as work received and completed homework/assignments.
- Offers academic and emotional support in a guided classroom setting.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Teacher.
- Valid teaching license (PEL) for the state of IL
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- Bachelors degree or higher highly needed.
- Certification in Special Education highly preferred
- 3 years of experience preferred.
- K-12 teaching license a plus
- Experience with working with students with emotional, behavioral, and learning challenges highly preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.