This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
Northern White SandLocation: Utica, IL 61373 Document ID: AC142-4TVY
Ad Number: 1524288 Published on: 2018-04-1104/11/2018 Job Type: Regular
Published in: Shaw Media
Minimum Education: Not Specified2018-05-11
Railroad Switchman /Locomotive EngineersAs seen in Shaw Media
Northern White Sand,
a producer of Industrial Sand located in
Peru, Illinois has openings for:
Railroad Switchman / Locomotive Engineers
Northern White Sand is seeking experienced Railroad Switchman / Locomotive Engineers who have the following qualifications.
- Responsible for safe movement & placement of railcars within the facility
- Must be knowledgeable of track switching procedures; must know when to engage switch positions, and how to reset switches as applicable.
- Must be knowledgeable of basic operating characteristics of locomotives when pulling different types of loads, under varying types of weather and track conditions.
- Must know how to set, release, and control rail car brakes, attach and release brake hoses, close airline angle chocks, to include placement and removal of chocks
- Ensure efficient and safe component operation.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of prior rail experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
Competitive Wages, Benefits Package Includes:
Medical / Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation,
Holidays and Retirement plan.
Northern White Sand is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please mail your resumes to the address below - applications are NOT being accepted at the Main Office
Northern White Sand
P.O. Box 247
Utica, Illinois 61373