: Warehouse Associate – 2nd Shift
: Warehouse Manager
The Warehouse Associate supports warehouse operations by fulfilling orders and managing inventory in a timely and professional manner.
· Keep food products readily available daily in designated areas.
· Pull all Agency Orders accurately and in accord with requested Schedules.
· Maintain assigned area of Distribution Center in clean and orderly manner.
· Assist in loading/unloading trucks/trailers and putting product in appropriate locations.
· Handle appropriate paper work as required.
· Conduct safety and maintenance inspections of lift truck (s) before using each day, and report problems to Supervisor.
· Assist in product processing, inventory and other areas as needed.
· Assist in keeping facilities clean.
· Is responsible to adhering to the food safety standards established by Northern Illinois Food Bank as outlined by Feeding America and per AIB accreditation. This includes all applicable training.
· Other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Certifiable on powered industrial lift trucks
- Able to receive and follow instructions
- May work in freezer.
- Ability to read and write in English
- Commitment to understanding and supporting the Food Bank’s mission; Shows compassion and an appreciation for hunger issues.
No supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a warehouse environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines as well as warehouse equipment such as forklifts, Reach-trucks, Electric and Manual pallet movers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate. This position periodically requires sliding a 60 lb. pallet and occasionally handle boxes up to 75 lbs. This role requires operating devices such as electric pallet jacks and forklifts to safely move and/or stack products and pallets around the warehouse.
This is a part-time position. 2nd Shift days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 4:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. There is flexibility in hours for this position.
This position is based out of our West Suburban Center (Geneva) Location.
No travel required.
Northern Illinois Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at the link below