Riverwood Group,LLCLocation: Shorewood, IL 60404 Document ID: AD054-1IGI Posted on: 2019-02-0802/08/2019 Job Type: Contract
Minimum Education: Not Specified2019-03-10
Medical Director / Addiction Medicine
Our physicians all agree - they love seeing their patients get better and recover from drug abuse and being on the leading edge of patient's recovery from opioids. Our organization has 13 locations in 7 states.
Joliet Clinic, LLC is a new outpatient substance abuse treatment facility that specializes in opioid dependency and recovery. We are looking for a physician to facilitate patient admission into treatment. This includes initiation and management of methadone as an adjunct to their overall recovery and substance abuse counseling services.
An active Illinois medical license (MD or DO) is necessary. If you have a background in internal medicine or addiction services I would like to talk with you. The essential job duties are below. All you need to do is reply to this posting with your CV.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Serve as the ultimate authority for the prescribing, dispensing and administration of methadone.
· The physician or Medical Director’s scope of practice is restricted only to patient admission, methadone management and monitoring activities. Any other medical care must be referred out to other health care professionals.
· Ensure that all required physical examinations, laboratory tests and other diagnostic screenings and evaluations are duly recorded in the patient records. This includes annual medical updates.
· Conduct physical examinations and establish medical necessity for patient admission.
· Review all lab results to determine if patient is within normal limits. If results are abnormal, directs staff in making referrals to appropriate levels of care.
· Review all initial treatment plans to ensure conformity to medical orders, referrals and standards of care.
· Conduct annual medical updates to establish medical necessity for continued treatment.
· Provide professional medical direction services, including, but not limited to, implementing, maintaining and refining approved quality assurance/utilization management programs; keep abreast of and ensure compliance with federal and state regulations for opioid treatment programs.
· Provide medical expertise with respect to planning and establishing goals and policies to improve medical management.
· Participate in the review and assessment, and provide advice on complex, controversial and/or unique treatment plans.
· Solicit and evaluate advice of treatment staff and professional peers with respect to complex treatment plans.
· Clearly document in patient charts any treatment-related contacts, assessments, and medical orders to staff or patient.
· Participate in program network development and new market expansion as appropriate; participate in the review, assessment and negotiation of contracts as appropriate. Collaborate with the Program Director in the development and implementation of physician education.
· The physician or Medical Director will plan, supervise, and regularly review all medical therapy offered by the program.