This posting cannot receive an online application from your ChicagoJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
ClarkDietrich Building SystemsLocation: Rochelle, IL 61068 Document ID: AB435-5C63
Ad Number: 1476327 Published on: 2017-11-0411/04/2017 Job Type: Regular
Published in: Shaw Media
Maintenance MechanicAs seen in Shaw Media
Do you have a strong work ethic and the desire to join an organization that invests in its people through cross-training and development?
ClarkDietrich fosters a work-life balance and offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Join the ClarkDietrich team by applying to the Maintenance Mechanic Position at our Rochelle, IL location.
The overall role of a Mechanic is to ensure that all machines and equipment in the facility are working properly and safe to operate. They perform preventative maintenance on all equipment to minimize machine down time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that all machines and equipment in the facility are working properly and safe to operate.
- Must be able to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair the equipment.
- Must be able to build gearboxes
- Must be able to have the knowledge of each part to be able to communicate with the supplier.
- Responsible for keeping the down time for each machine to a minimal and perform preventative maintenance on all equipment and tools.
- May be responsible for ordering the parts that are necessary for each machine to operate if a purchase is necessary
- Must have their own tools. Must have knowledge in electrical install, troubleshooting, hydraulics and pneumatics. Must be able to operate Lathe machine, End Mill Machine, Drill Press, Surface Grinders, Grinders, Sanders, Hand Tools, CNC Machines, Cutting Torch, Welding Machines and Brake Presses.
- Able to work with people, strong work ethic, must be capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment, strong communication skills, must be able to read and write and can stay focused.
- Able to work overtime as needed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years of experience in an environment with high tech machines. Prior manufacturing experience preferred. High school / GED or Trade school in machines.
- Basic mathematical skills, addition, subtraction, multiplication and converting fractions into decimals. Must be able to use and read a tape measure, caliper, and micrometer, dial bore gauge, and various other precision measurement equipment.
Lifting Up to 50 pounds; Standing 8 or more hours per day; Walking Off and on, 4-6 hours per day.
Visit our website & apply www.clarkdietrich.com/about-us/careers