This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
Burnex CorporationLocation: Ringwood, IL 60072 Document ID: AB073-6U84
Ad Number: 1268197 Published on: 2017-02-2302/23/2017 Job Type: Regular
Published in: Shaw Media
Tool & Die MakerAs seen in Shaw Media
TOOL & DIE MAKER
As a pioneer in the use of Planetary Geared stamping and bending technology, Burnex Corporation continues to provide a nearly infinite offering of forming possibilities, and unique manufacturing capabilities to our customers: the "Burnex Advantage".
We currently seek a tool & die maker for our 18,000 sq. ft. state of the art facility in Ringwood, IL.
The qualified candidate performs duties to construct, alter, repair a variety of dies, tools, jigs and other fixtures, and performs ordinary tool room machine operations at a Journeyman Level. Four-slide experience is not required, but is beneficial.
- Construct, alter, repair a variety of dies, tools, jigs, and other fixtures to close tolerances as required to fit and assemble parts
- Participate as assigned in all phases of die-making projects from start to finish, including milling, grinding, polishing, and assembly.
- Perform numerous grinding, milling operations, fittings on projects as assigned; verify accuracy and functionality of work at all stages to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Participate in multiple projects and balance priorities to ensure timely delivery of error-free product to customer maintaining customer-focused priorities at all times.
- Monitor equipment, report malfunctions, and make necessary repairs.
- Minimum 5 years Journeyman experience, TMA Certificate or equivalent.
- Strong trouble shooting skills
- Experience running manual machine tools without supervision
- Experience using precision measuring & gauging equipment
- Experience using machinists' hand and power-driven tools
- Experience using material-handling equipment
- Experience working from complex prints, sketches, samples, or other instructions
- Able to keep equipment and work area clean
- Knowledge of advanced shop mathematics
- Willingness to perform other work as necessary to meet production demands
- Follow all safety and work rules and practices
- Strong work ethic and highly motivated
- Meticulous attention to detail and well organized
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Independent and willing to take initiative
- Able to work in a fast-paced constantly-changing environment with tight deadlines and occasional long hours
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Holiday and Vacation Paid
Mail or drop off resume -
5418 Business Parkway, Ringwood, IL 60072
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Web - www.burnexcorp.com