This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your ChicagoJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Oswego Police DepartmentLocation: Oswego, IL 60543 Document ID: AC265-53YQ
Ad Number: 1556823 Published on: 2018-07-0907/09/2018 Job Type: Regular
Published in: Shaw Media
Police OfficerAs seen in Shaw Media
* Join a WINNING Team *
The Oswego Police Department is looking to establish a Police Officer Eligibility List with quality, professional and career-oriented individuals interested in law enforcement. Police Officers are responsible for enforcing all State and Local Laws and upholding the U.S. and Illinois Constitutions.
The current starting salary is $59,401.68. Those certified as police officers will begin at Step 2 of the wage scale, which is currently $61,183.75.
Excellent benefits package including 13 paid holidays annually, vacation/sick/personal time, police pension, medical, dental, vision, life insurance.
- Applicants shall be under 35 years of age, at the time of application and at such time as the initial eligibility list is posted, unless exempt from such age limitation as provided in Section 5/10-2.1-6 of the Fire and Police Commissioners' Act. Applicants, at such time as they file their application with this Board, must be 21 years of age. Proof of birth date will be required at time of orientation.
- Valid Driver's License, Illinois FOID Card, and Social Security Number at time of appointment. U.S. Citizen or will possess U.S. Citizenship by August 17, 2018.
- Bachelor or Associate's Degree in any field of study (OR 60 credit hours at an accredited college or university) OR those who qualify for a waiver due to active military service pursuant to statute, by August 17, 2018.
- Pass written examination, oral interview, in-depth background investigation, which includes a polygraph.
- After conditional job offer, must pass Medical (including drug screen, hearing and eye exam) and Psychological examinations.
- Applications are available beginning July 9, 2018 at: The Oswego Law Enforcement Center, 3525 Route 34, Oswego, Illinois; (630) 551-7300, OR, applications may be printed off of the Police Department website at: http://www.oswegopoliceil.org A non-refundable fee of $25.00 is required at the time the application is dropped off or mailed. (Checks should be made out to the Village of Oswego or Oswego Police Department. Cash/Credit Card only accepted if application is dropped off.).
- Applications must be completed and returned to the Oswego Police Commission at 3525 Route 34, Oswego, IL 60543 by 12:00 Noon (CST) on Friday, August 17, 2018 (Faxed or emailed applications are NOT accepted).
- Only the application and fee should be submitted; a resume, certificates and/or transcript copies, etc. are NOT needed at this time (they will only need to be provided if a background is requested).
NEXT STEP IN TESTING PROCESS ONCE APPLICATION & FEE IS SUBMITTED
- ATTEND MANDATORY ORIENTATION AND WRITTEN EXAMINATION, which will beheld on -August 25, 2018 at 8:00 AM - Oswego East High School, 1525 Harvey Road, Oswego, Illinois. Applicants must have photo identification, which can be a State ID, Driver's License or Passport.
- Later in the process, Preference Points will be accepted and oral interviews will be conducted, which will be explained in more detail at the Orientation.
OSWEGO BOARD OF POLICE COMMISSIONERS
An Equal Opportunity Employer