Burke BeverageLocation: McCook, IL 60525 Document ID: AD286-0011 Posted on: 2019-07-2207/22/2019 Job Type: Regular
Minimum Education: High School2019-08-21
Merchandiser (Beer Sales)
Burke Beverage, Inc., located in McCook, IL is currently looking for a Merchandiser to work with our Beer Sales Team to service and merchandise retail accounts by building displays that attract attention of prospective customers
.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build product displays in accounts as directed using hand tools and according to safe operating conditions.
- Originate display ideas or follow suggestions or schedule of management
- Hang electrical signs, banners and place price signs on backdrop, fixtures, merchandise or floor.
- Rotate back room stock on a first in, first out basis while stocking shelves and coolers.
- Assist in resets of accounts per schematics.
- Assist in securing the best possible position for our products in every account.
- Report competitive activity and work to guard shelf space from competition.
- Maintain contact with supervisor, inform them when out of stock situations are found.
- Provide back up for pre-sales force as needed and other positions as assigned.
- Know and obey all laws governing the alcohol industry.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- One year sales or merchandising experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to safely lift and handle up to 55- pound case of beer frequently.
- Must be able to safely lift and handle a 160 pound ½ barrel of beer occasionally.
- Must be able to climb a ladder and work while on a ladder.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must be dependable and trustworthy with the ability to work independently.
- Must be well organized, able to prioritize tasks, handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Bilingual, Spanish fluency a plus.
This position requires a self-motivated, high energy individual who is able to work quickly, accurately and effectively with a sense of urgency about getting work done in a safe manner while maintaining a high level of quality service This position involves strenuous work requiring sitting, driving, stooping, bending, kneeling, pivot twisting, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling and balancing. Individual will be required to work weekends as the schedule requires. Typical work schedule is Thursday-Monday, hours start as early as 7:00am though could be earlier based on customer need.