This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your ChicagoJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Loyola MedicineLocation: Maywood , IL 60153 Document ID: AD396-002P Posted on: 2019-10-1010/10/2019 Job Type: Regular
Minimum Education: High School2019-11-09
Certified Medical Assistant
Certified Medical Assistant – Full-Time and Part-Time - Multiple Specialties
Loyola Medicine, locations based in the western and southern suburbs of Chicago, currently has open positions for Medical Assistants supporting multiple specialties throughout our ambulatory care networks.
The Medical Assistant is an integral member of the health care team and is responsible for coordinating the pre/intra/post aspects of the medical visit at our ambulatory care sites. Those include direct care, registration & scheduling, physician-patient communication and other office-related tasks. In addition, will administer medication and works directly with other health care professionals at the site as well as ancillary department and services to coordinate care. Specific responsibilities include
- Provides care to the patient and support to the physician throughout the entire visit. This includes but is not limited to history taking, assisting with routine tasks and procedures, telephone messaging, scheduling and visit follow up orders. Works under the supervision of a registered professional nurse when additional skill, assessment and expertise are needed, or in the absence of the physician.
- Maintains optimum work flow in the clinical area, including flexing assignments, cross coverage and continuous communication with peers to identify obstacles. Uses problem solving skills and proactive measures to eliminate roadblocks that impact the delivery of care. Uses creative thinking to identify ways that enhance the patient/physician clinic experience.
- Oversees supply inventory and is a resource for the routine use and maintenance of medical equipment. Actively participates in quality projects and activities that enhance care through evidence-based practices. Demonstrates a culture of safety in the care environment and adheres to the standards of care required by regulatory agencies.
- Utilizes technical skills and knowledge of the computerized scheduling systems to generate patient demographic info as well as facilitate appointment scheduling and access to care.
- Demonstrates capacity for attention to detail as it relates to insurance, billing and referral processes.
- Demonstrates initial and ongoing competency with the enterprise's computerized scheduling systems for clinic appointments and ancillary testing.
- Coordinates external referrals into and out of the system when requested or ordered by the physician.
- Serves as the primary source of contact for clinical operations within the department. Deals promptly, directly and completely with messages from patients and physicians. Exhibits courteous and professional interactions with internal and external customers. Escalates any unresolved issues to the medical assistant lead, registered professional nurse or manager. Demonstrates proficiency in the use of electronic communication modalities.
- Required: High School Diploma plus training acquired through work experience or education
- Preferred: Administrative or technical background acquired through completion of 2 - 3 years of college
- Specify Degree(s): Successful completion of accredited medical assistant program
- Required: None
- Preferred: 1-2 years of previous job-related experience
- Details: Ambulatory experience in primary or specialty setting is preferred.
Required: Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) American Medical Technologists (AMT); Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT); or certification through then National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
Please apply at the link below