This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
AMITA HealthLocation: Lisle, IL 60532 Document ID: AD114-1NW8 Posted on: 2019-05-2105/21/2019 Job Type: Regular
RN Manager-Case Management (Chicago South Region)
Position: RN Mgr-Case Mgmt
Department: Total Quality Management 002
Full-Time / Days
Location: Navistar - Lisle,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Manages assigned Registered Nurse (RN) case managers, related activities and workflow to ensure effective and efficient patient care.
- Manages professional and clerical associates who work with a range of functions, including but not limited to: Access Authorization and pre-certification, utilization review and denial management, Care Coordination, Collaborative treatment planning and core measures, Discharge Planning, tracking of the post-acute period and provision of disease management, and contracting internally and externally.
- Communicates with administration and medical staff in matters related to appropriateness of hospital admissions, discharge planning, and length of stay.
- Serves as content specialist for staff in the areas of utilization criteria, appeal and review process, and case management system documentation.
- Develops staff schedule and revises assignments daily to assure optimal unit coverage and distribution of workload within staffing standards. Covers on units as needed and serves as a resource for complex case management issues.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing with experience required
- 3 years of experience required. 1 year of leadership or management experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.