This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
AMITA HealthLocation: Lisle, IL 60532 Document ID: AD140-13C4 Posted on: 2019-04-2904/29/2019 Job Type: Regular
Executive Assistant - President/CEO Office - Amita Health - Lisle, IL
Asst-Sr Executive - Executive Support 001 - Full-Time,Day - Navistar - Lisle,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the Executive Assistant to the President/CEO provides executive, administrative, and development support to the President and Board of Directors. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the President. The Executive Assistant serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and may oversee special projects.
Assists the President/CEO with daily administrative duties and completes a broad variety of administrative tasks that include managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas and compiling documents for meetings.
Communicates with staff on the President/CEO's behalf and coordinates logistics with high-level meetings both internally and externally.
Communicates directly and on behalf of the President/CEO with Board members, foundation staff, and others on matters related to programmatic initiatives as directed.
Board Support and Liaison
Serves as the President's administrative liaison to the Board of Directors and manages Board activities, which include coordinating semi-annual Board meetings and dinners; semi-annual Board staff lunches/receptions/new Board member orientations; arranging hotel accommodations for out-of-town Board members; processing travel reimbursement requests; and compiling, assembling, and distributing Board meeting materials.
What You Will Need
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with social sciences background and an interest in national and global issues.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Five to ten years providing support for upper-level management in a related organization (i.e., healthcare, population, social sciences, public health).
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
- Proficiency in Windows, including MS Word, EXCEL and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and with professional discretion.
- Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational, and research skills.
- Ability to work with a broad range of people including Board members, foundation staff, colleagues of the president/CEO and staff, and others.
- Excellent management, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
Working Conditions/Other Data:
- Due to the confidentiality of the work, the functions of this position should be performed in a private office location.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
|More Jobs from AMITA Health|