This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
City Of LasalleLocation: La Salle, IL 61301 Document ID: AC452-68NF
Ad Number: 1603994 Published on: 2018-11-1411/14/2018 Job Type: Regular
Published in: Shaw Media
Minimum Education: Not Specified2018-12-14
PatrolmanAs seen in Shaw Media
THERE WILL BE OPEN COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION for new applicants for the position of Patrolman for the City of LaSalle Police Department on Tuesday, January 8th, 2019 at 7:00pm at Hometown National Bank, 260 Bucklin St., LaSalle, IL 61301. Applications may be picked up at the LaSalle Police Station, 745 2nd St., LaSalle, IL 61301. A nonrefundable $20.00 fee must be paid at the time the application packet is returned. Completed application packets must be returned to the LaSalle Police Department no later than 4:00pm, Thursday, December 27th, 2018.
QUALIFICATIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Citizen of the United States of America
- Age limitation per State statute. Birth Certificate required.
- 64 hours of credit from an accredited college or university and / or currently be employed full / part time as a certified police officer by another agency.
- Physical examination by a physician accepted by the Board of Fire and Police Commission.
- Selections will be based on the results of competitive examinations that may include written testing, oral interview, physical agility,psychological profile examination, polygraph examination.
Following the written examination, oral interviews will be scheduled at a later date. Applicants are posted in their respective positions in order of their excellence as determined by examination with preference points added as prescribed by State statute.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- PER ANNUM PAY $52,858.00
- GROUP HOSPITALIZATION
- LIFE INSURANCE
- 12-HOUR SHIFTS (WITH SHIFT PREMIUM)
- PAID VACATION UP TO SIX (6) WEEKS WITH SENIORITY
- 11 PAID HOLIDAYS
"The City of LaSalle is an equal opportunity provider and employer"