This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
PeroxyChem LlcLocation: Joliet, IL 60431 Document ID: AC451-6096
Ad Number: 1603477 Published on: 2018-11-1311/13/2018 Job Type: Regular
Published in: Shaw Media
Driver TechnicianAs seen in Shaw Media
PeroxyChem is looking to hire a Driver Technician with Class A CDL Tanker/Hazmat Endorsements in Joliet, IL! This is a great opportunity to join a dedicated team of individuals working together to ensure the safe delivery of chemical products to our valued customers. If you are a reliable D.O.T. driving professional with a proven track record of success in customer delivery we invite you to apply. This is your opportunity to join a large growing company offering a competitive hourly pay rate and benefits to include:
- Company paid vacation & holidays
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) savings plan + company match
- Company paid orientation & training
We know our drivers by name, not tractor number. Come learn the difference, we look forward to meeting you!
Comprehensive Job Overview
The Driver Technician is responsible for making deliveries of hydrogen peroxide in a safe, effective and efficient manner to customers as well as diluting the product using a transloading system either on-site or at the transloader. This position will also be responsible for providing a variety of technical and mechanical support on vehicles and on-site at the plant.
Requirements & Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Class A CDL with Tanker and Hazmat endorsements required -3+ years' CDL driving experience
- Excellent driving and MVR record
- Strong knowledge of DOT regulations
- Willingness to drive approximate radius of 200 miles or further on occasion
- Willingness to work off hours
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
- Ability to work independently in an unsupervised environment
- Strong customer orientation
- Risk and Hazard sensitive
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure safety standards are met for personal safety, equipment safety, and the safety of others
- Plan timely delivery routes
- Responsible for administrative tasks such as logbook completion, inspections, bills of lading, enter goods issues into SAP system
- Participate in monthly staff meetings
- Provide mechanical and vehicle troubleshooting such as pump and rotating equipment maintenance, valves and piping, and trailer maintenance
- Complying with the FMCSA and OSHA regulations
- Safely driving a Class A Commercial Vehicle to customer sites
- Safely handling hazardous materials
- Keep in compliance with Corporate Safety and Compliance as well as DOT regulations which includes new regulations on driving hours, electronic logbooks, safety inspections and other factors contributing to good driving record
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
PeroxyChem is a global leader in peroxygen and adjacent chemistries. The company employs almost 600 people throughout the world, with facilities in North America, Europe and Asia. With an unyielding commitment to safety at its core and backed by an exceptional team, the company prides itself on exemplary customer service, product quality, reliability and technical service. PeroxyChem manufactures high quality products and innovative applications developed as a result of innovation and superior technical expertise. We supply customized chemistries for electronics, energy, environmental, food safety, pulp, paper, polymer, and other industrial and consumer markets. Learn more at http://www.peroxychem.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MFDV and supports a drug free workplace