This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your ChicagoJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Presence HealthLocation: Joliet, IL 60435 Document ID: AD054-0G60 Posted on: 2019-07-1607/16/2019 Job Type: Regular
Director of Quality, Quality Assurance, St Joseph Medical Center, Joliet
Requisition ID: 61215
Location: Presence St Joseph Med Joliet
333 Madison Street, Joliet, IL 60435-8200 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Director Quality - designs, develops, and implements systems and processes which directly improve the scope of the quality and patient safety programs. Facilitates and engages medical staff, nursing staff, and other clinical staff in the Region on quality and safety improvement efforts. Executes measurement to evaluate success of clinical program initiatives and opportunities for improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts/participates in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) with other departments as required.
- Leads accreditation and quality-specific regulatory management. Works with Risk Lead and Compliance Lead as necessary to attain these accreditations, under supervision and in collaboration with the CMO and System Quality and Safety Leader.
- Collaborates with compliance and risk personnel to monitor and enforce general regulatory standards; Coordinates with PHP leaders to ensure affiliated providers maintain System quality standards through the System ACO, in accordance with principles associated with accountable care; and with Information Services resources to leverage information technology, including electronic health records, to achieve quality and safety aims; with Lead, Clinical Analytics to provide comprehensive picture of strengths and improvement opportunities to clinical and operational leadership.
- Escalates sues-related to risk, compliance, and claims challenges to respective System-led functions.
- Investigates Patient Safety issues in collaboration with the appropriate disciplines. Develops and implements Patient Safety best practices in collaboration across the System. Participates in investigation and follow-through of sentinel events, adverse outcomes, and root cause analyses completion.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in Nursing or related field. Advanced knowledge of quality and safety programs, research and regulations at a level normally acquired through five to seven years progressively more responsible, related experience in Quality Assurance, Safety, or Risk Management required.
Advance degree preferred; Three years of clinical experience and Quality/Patient Safety certification preferred.
Basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel & Outlook).
Knowledge of Meditech and Midas preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Quality/Patient Safety certification or degree in Healthcare Quality-related field required.
Business Unit: Presence St Joseph MC Joliet
Department Name: Quality Assurance PSJMC