This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
LB Metals, LLCLocation: Harvey, IL 60426 Document ID: AC321-467B Posted on: 2018-08-1508/15/2018 Job Type: Regular
Minimum Education: Not Specified2018-09-14
Press Brake Operator
The duties of The Press Brake Operator include but are not limited to:
- Operate Press Brake
- The ability to prepare and run complex bend setups and forming operations. This includes custom die modification used in combination with other tooling (either standard or custom). Complex programming using all features of the press brake. E.g. bending at angles, step bends, proper back gauge transfer between steps, delays, etc.
- Must have a full understanding of print reading and geometric tolerances and how they relate to the finished part.
- Thorough understanding of flat pattern layout
- Ability to work well with others in a leadership environment
- Ability to train less experienced operators
- Work in an efficient and timely manner
- Keep work area, including machine surfaces clean at all times.
- Identify areas for process improvement, cost and waste reduction.
- Press Brake Operator: 2 years
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Computer literate
- Excellent organizational skills
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Minimum 2 years experience as Press Brake Operator.
- Must be able to read blueprints.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to communicate in English (both written and oral) as it relates to the job.
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, geometry and algebra for the purpose of calculating material fabrication
Apply in Person
Employment Office hours are 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Interested applicants may stop by the LB Steel offices to complete an Employment Application and submit a resume any time during regular office hours. Our offices are located at 15700 Lathrop Ave, Harvey, IL 60426.