This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
AMITA HealthLocation: Glen Ellyn, IL 60137 Document ID: AD046-1O3U Posted on: 2019-07-2607/26/2019 Job Type: Regular
Teacher - Special Education - TDS, As needed Substitute, Float
Teacher-Special Education - School Programs 004 - PRN, Day - Therapeutic Day School-North - Glendale Heights,IL
Shift: 7:45am - 3:30pm M-F following the school calendar. On-call basis or pre-scheduled days, must be willing to float to multiple campus locations (Glen Ellyn, Glendale Heights and North Aurora).
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Provides special education to students with significant social-emotional/other health impaired/autistic needs.
- Develops individual goals and objectives that reflect each student's abilities, needs and interests.
- Develops and implements lesson plans that focus on student learning. Provides progress updates through grades.
- Administers and interprets formal and informal students' assessments including maintenance, review and interpretation of data on student progress.
- Serves as a member of an instructional team and is responsible for ensuring that services are individualized, high quality, effective and consistent with current best professional practices.
- Provides support and supervision to assigned education assistants and instructional aides including treatment team.
- Prepares reports for and attends IEP meetings.
- In conjunction with team members, provides consistent communication to parents/guardians/school districts/outside providers.
- Supervises students during the course of the school day.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Teacher obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Special Education Teacher issued by Illinois State Board of Education preferred.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- At least a Bachelors in Education or above highly desired.
- At least two years of experience in special education teaching preferred.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in teaching highly preferred. LBS 1(preferred).
- Special Education experience preferred.
- Must be willing to travel and cover a variety of subjects and grade levels (3rd grade-Young Adult Transition Program).
- Must have the ability to work with Social Emotional Disorders, Autism and Other Health Impairments.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.