This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
AMITA HealthLocation: Glen Ellyn, IL 60137 Document ID: AD312-1SV1 Posted on: 2019-11-0611/06/2019 Job Type: Regular
Social Worker - Day School, FT, Days, Glen Ellyn
Social Worker - School Programs 002 - Full-Time,Day - Therapeutic Day School - South - Glen Ellyn,IL
Shift: Hours M-F follow a school calendar (180 days) and a 23 day summer school. Candidate should be prepared to work 8 hour shifts within the hours of 7:15am-5:30pm (program hours). Current shift includes M,W,F 7:15am-3:45pm and T.Th 9:00am-5:30pm. Salaried position requires some flexibility during the school year.
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Provides behavioral health social work/case management services.
- Conducts patient assessments and establishes therapy treatment goals.
- Administers individual and group therapy. Maintains thorough and confidential records of observations.
- Evaluates progress and effectiveness of therapy interventions.
- Provides patient with information regarding resources and therapeutic activities in the community.
- Works directly with the patient, family, physician and community providers to ensure active and collaborate care from the initiation of treatment to the time of discharge.
- Case management in the areas of adult services, post high school education and transitional living are preferred.
- Day to day outings to businesses and work locations are part of the position.
- Managing special education requirements including IEP meetings and following state requirements are part of the position.
- Required co-led activities and team collaboration
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Clinical Counselor credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or transfer date.
- Therapist specializing in Marriage & Family credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Social Worker specializing in Clinical Practice credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA). Required before provisioning of care.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- Masters degree in Social Work or related field, highly preferred
- Experience working with transition programs for young adults
- License needs to include LSW or LCSW or Type 73.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.