This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your ChicagoJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Northern Illinois Food BankLocation: Geneva, IL 60134 Document ID: AC326-5V3J Posted on: 2018-08-2108/21/2018 Job Type: Regular
Will not pay relocation expenses
Minimum Education: Not Specified2018-09-20
Human Resources Generalist
Northern Illinois Food Bank is seeking a Human Resources Generalist who is organized, detail oriented, service minded and enjoys being part of a dynamic team!
- Full cycle recruitment of all hourly and front line positions, including AmeriCorps VISTA candidates
- Will be responsible for all day one new hire onboarding and collaborate with HR team on coordinating quarterly new hire event
- Collects documentation and enters all changes into payroll and HR benefits system timely
- Coding invoices for payment
- Will process all medical, dental, life insurance, short term disability, FSA, and 401K paperwork as well as COBRA and FMLA.
- Conducts all verifications of employment
- Includes but is not limited to input, payroll auditing, distribution, records maintenance, wage garnishment processing, agency response
- Full-cycle bi-weekly payroll in collaboration with HR team and timecard processing using ADP WorkforceNow
- Leave of Absence documentation and coordinaion including but not limited to notification of rights, evaluation of leave entitlement, tracking and following-up on return and/or extension requests, etc.
- Benefits Administration- In collaboration with HR team, coordinate open enrollment and new hire enrollment. Assist with meeting set up, COBRA elections enrollment, follow-up on outstanding enrollment documents, resolve billing and enrollment discrepancies, deductions set-up, etc.
- HRIS administration, including custom reporting, researching and resolving anomalies and questions related to WorkForceNow.
- HR Assistance- quickly and accurately provide answers (written, text, email, phone, in person) to questions about benefits, payroll, company policies, leave status, etc.
- Coordination of four employee events annually (summer, winter, employee appreciation day and wellness fair)
- Other duties will be assigned, depending on department or company needs and priorities
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 3 years of experience in full cycle recruitment
- Minimum 3 years' experience in ADP WorkforceNow or similar payroll/Human Resources software plus strong organizational skills, ability to set priorities and working knowledge of State and Federal Laws.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to handle sensitive and confidential information is a must
- HRIS experience, including customization of reports, is required
- A reliable car, current driver's license and safe driving record required.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office setting. Working extended hours may be required as needed. Local travel may be required occasionally (0-10%)
|More Jobs from Northern Illinois Food Bank|