This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your ChicagoJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Northern Illinois Food BankLocation: Geneva, IL 60134 Document ID: AE093-2TIM Posted on: 2020-03-0503/05/2020 Job Type: Regular
Minimum Education: Not Specified2020-04-04
Director of Marketing and Brand Strategy
Job Title Description: Director of Marketing and Brand Strategy
Reports To: VP of Philanthropy
Date Updated: February 2020
The Director of Marketing and Brand Strategy is responsible for advancing the strategic direction of the Food Bank’s marketing, advocacy and brand awareness initiatives. This role will support the mission of the Food Bank by growing our donated resources through increasing awareness in the community. Responsibilities include management of Food Bank brand, media and public relations, fundraising events, cause marketing, online communications (including website and social media), and the Food Bank’s print and media library. This position will lead the effort to increase Food Bank brand and hunger awareness throughout the service area by ensuring that appropriate resources are targeted toward public relations and marketing campaigns. This is a leadership role for one who is equally comfortable with big picture strategic planning and rolling up sleeves to dig into the detail.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement comprehensive strategic marketing plan, including measuring current awareness and strategies to increase by specific audience and channel. Continuously update and revise to ensure ever-changing needs of the Food Bank are met.
- Oversee organization branding, ensuring Food Bank brand is used in a manner that is within the mission of the organization, and that use is consistent across the organization.
- Develop and maintain organizational messaging, targeting key audiences, and conduct annual reviews to ensure messaging remains current and relevant.
- Cultivate key Chicagoland relationships with local media outlets to promote the Food Bank and our initiatives and secure speaking engagements for Food Bank staff and representatives.
- Represent Food Bank in TV broadcast, radio and interviews with newspapers or be responsible for preparing CEO or other appropriate Food Bank staff for media opportunities.
- Write, edit, proofread, format and distribute press materials including media advisories, new releases, public service announcements, and feature articles.
- Maintaining brand integrity, develop and manage the organizational advertising strategy.
- Manage department budget, engaging appropriate internal stakeholders, including contractor fees, design, publications and advertising.
- Provide overall big picture, strategic vision and messaging for fundraising events, and hold event team accountable for logistics and revenue goals
- Oversee the Food Bank largest cause marketing campaigns and develop strategy for growing this revenue stream and garnering additional awareness of the Food Bank brand.
- Oversee communication strategy for Food Bank social media and blog, while collaborating with philanthropy team on website content.
- Manage government affairs and advocacy and serve as lead to cross-departmental advocacy team.
- Oversee Food Bank material development, including material to raise awareness and garner resources, and materials to promote Food Bank services to our neighbors.
- Manage team members across communications, advocacy and events, providing leadership and vision, individual coaching and promoting a positive culture for the team that is supportive of the Food Bank overall.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, or related area. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of ten years public/media relations experience, including management of a team.
- Proven track record of working effectively with print and broadcast media to promote news coverage of events, initiatives, causes etc.
- Proven effectiveness in the development of strategic work plans.
- Experience in the marketing and execution of large events, with revenue goals.
- Persuasive writer and storyteller with excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Proven ability to write and edit news releases and other communication materials with tight deadlines.
- Experience with strategy for large social media accounts and paid campaigns.
- Strong relationship building skills externally and internally building and coaching a team.
- Proficient with various computer programs including – Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe products.
- Experience in selecting, negotiating with, and managing outside vendors.
- Commitment to understanding and supporting the Food Bank’s mission
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience
- Proven experience in nonprofit branding and fundraising campaigns
- Proven experience in advocacy or policy
- Experience marketing brand with multicultural audiences
- Bilingual in Spanish/English strongly desired
- Experience developing and editing video
This position supervises multiple employees in roles focused on marketing, public relations, advocacy, events, cause marketing and internal communications.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate. This is largely a sedentary role; however, when assisting with event set up and tear down, physical tasks may be needed such as lifting, loading or unloading vehicles, setting up signage or auction tables.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some flexibility will be required based upon the demands of the role.
This position is based out of our West Suburban Center (Geneva) location.
Please apply at the link below
|More Jobs from Northern Illinois Food Bank|