This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your ChicagoJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Northern Illinois Food BankLocation: Geneva, IL 60134 Document ID: AB366-4XM6 Posted on: 2017-09-1809/18/2017 Job Type: Regular
Will not pay relocation expenses
Development Officer, Peer-to-Peer &Cause Marketing
Development Officer, Peer-to-Peer & Cause Marketing
Director of Corporate Engagement
About Northern Illinois Food Bank
Northern Illinois Food Bank provides nutritious food to all those in need through our own efforts and those of our 800 partner agencies in the following 13 counties - Boone, DuPage, DeKalb, Grundy, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, Lake, McHenry, Ogle, Stephenson, Will and Winnebago. The food bank acquires, gathers, handles, and distributes approximately three million pounds of donated, government, and purchased food each month through local food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, youth activity centers and other food assistance sites.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for strategy and implementing formalized plan for peer to peer, cause marketing, and third-party fundraising events.
- Manage portfolio of 50+ corporate donors who have history of peer to peer fundraising, third-party events or food drives.
- Recruit, retain and grow teams, participants and fundraisers for our Foodie 5K events and online Fund Drive.
- Actively coach peer to peer Foodie 5K and Fund Drive fundraisers to ensure they are making and reaching fundraising goals including regularly host team captain meetings.
- Lead the Peer to Peer AmeriCorps Vista on developing peer to peer communication program and training manuals.
- Solicit and retain third party fundraising opportunities and cause marketing promotion partners.
- Ensure that third-party event policies are being adhered to and meet the requirement for maintaining the integrity of the Food Bank brand.
- Track all Third Party fundraisers and update the Food Bank staff bi-weekly.
- Manage logistics of physical food drive program including: working with the Transportation, Food Sourcing and Agency teams to arrange pick-ups and track and report collected food drive pounds.
- Represent the food bank as a polished spokesperson.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to understanding and supporting the Food Bank’s mission.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2-3 years experience in peer to peer or event fundraising or sales role.
- Proven track record in executing fundraising activities.
- Successful experience in developing cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to use online fundraising tools.
- Comfortable with Blackbaud platforms (i.e. Raiser’s Edge, Luminate Online, Team Raiser) a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photo copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with groups and individuals. This is a sedentary role; however, light lifting and hauling is required for event set up and tear down. This would require the ability to move files, transport event signage, move silent auction items, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Must be able to travel 20% of the time.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position based in Geneva, IL.
Northern Illinois Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to:
Northern Illinois Food Bank
273 Dearborn Court
Geneva, IL 60134
Or, via Fax: 630-313-5068,
Or, click the link below:
|More Jobs from Northern Illinois Food Bank|