This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your ChicagoJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Northern Illinois Food BankLocation: Geneva, IL 60134 Document ID: AE306-3A91 Posted on: 2020-08-1008/10/2020 Job Type: Regular
Minimum Education: Not Specified2020-09-09
Development Officer, Corporations & Foundations
Northern Illinois Food Bank
Job Title Description: Development Officer, Corporate and Foundation Giving
Reports To: Director of Corporate and Foundation Giving
Date Updated: December 2019
To assist in the management of the Food Bank’s Corporate and Foundation Giving program, raising funds from these constituents in support of the Food Bank’s strategic plan. Primary responsibility is to manage relationships with the Food Bank corporate supporters, nourishing existing and building new relationships that will produce annual and ongoing revenue for the Food Bank. Provide donor management through timely communication, visits, and presentations. Employee will support all Philanthropy initiatives and programs.
- Manage a portfolio of Foundation and Corporate giving prospects through entire fundraising cycle.
- Track all donor interactions in Raisers Edge.
- Maintain close communications with existing donors to develop trust and increased interest.
- Identify and research Corporate and Foundation prospects.
- Solicit Foundation and Corporate gifts, including event sponsorships.
- Write and submit grant proposals, tracking status of all grants.
- Maintain grant solicitation and stewardship calendar for Foundation and Corporate donors.
- Join and participate in community organizations (chambers, networks, business groups).
- Present to groups to encourage organizations to get involved with the Food Bank through donating or volunteering.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2 years of fundraising experience, including grant or proposal writing
- Strong face to face solicitation skills.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Proficient with various computer programs including – Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point
- Commitment to understanding and supporting NIFB’s mission.
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. but occasionally weekends and evenings will be required. Employee must work a minimum 40 hours each week to maintain full-time status.
This position is based out of our West Suburban Center (Geneva) location.
Travel within our 13-county service area is required estimated at 20-25%.
Northern Illinois Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|More Jobs from Northern Illinois Food Bank|