This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
Sonoco Clear PackLocation: Franklin Park, IL 60131 Document ID: AC306-4XSF Posted on: 2018-08-1008/10/2018 Job Type: Regular
Production Supervisor Assistant
Work as a hands on production shift supervisor whenever a shift supervisor is scheduled off. This is a day shift position, requiring rotation to off shift support approximately 20 weeks a year. When working days, you will rotate between the day shift schedules.
When not performing supervisory functions, the primary focus is on data collection systems and the plant floor directing safety, quality, and productivity continuous improvement.
When acting as a shift supervisor, you continuously improve our people, process, and products in a safe and efficient manner to meet or exceed our goals for safety, quality, and productivity. Direct and coordinate the activities of all the production plant shift employees and maintenance to insure they work in a safe manner, meet the daily production schedule and efficiency targets and produce the extruded sheet and thermoformed parts to meet or exceed the customer requirements for quality and service. The supervisor is responsible for the entire production facility, which includes 3 departments in 3 buildings.
Primary responsibilities of the position:
- Provide leadership and direction for meeting and exceeding OSHA and Sonoco safety standards throughout the plant. Create an environment that promotes the identification of safe operating behavior and equipment and initiates improvements and corrective actions on a continuous basis.
- Coach, direct, and facilitate production employees, focus on team problem solving, consensus building and technical training.
- Schedule employees daily to extrusion and thermoforming lines based on production orders and efficient labor utilization.
- Daily verification and data entry of production reports, calculations for labor, run hours, material utilization, and employee attendance.
- Train, lead, and give daily direction to employees on the safety process, the production process, and the expected product quality requirements.
- Communicate and document employee performance and provide coaching, counseling, or discipline when necessary.
- Provide leadership and direction for improving the operation of the extrusion and thermoforming equipment, focus on team problem solving, consensus building and technical training.
- Develop profile specifications for the products run on the extrusion and thermoforming equipment.
- Troubleshoot process problems on the extrusion and thermoforming equipment, developing corrective actions and document the process changes.
- Continuously monitor the extrusion and thermoforming equipment to insure the quality and efficiency standards are maintained.
- Coordinate and provide departmental training.
- Provide leadership and direction for meeting and exceeding quality standards, including training of lead technicians and operators in QA requirements.
- Analyze and interpret quality specifications for the extruded sheet product and thermoformed parts.
- Troubleshoot and identify equipment, and die problems on the extrusion equipment and mold and trim die problems on the thermoformer and report specific problems to maintenance and engineering.
- Develop root cause analysis for plant quality and customer quality returns.
Specific knowledge/skills/attributes required:
- Mechanical knowledge and aptitude for plastic sheet extrusion processing equipment and thermoforming equipment.
- Analytical problem solving skills.
- Ability to identify and solve manufacturing process problems with both state of the art and aged manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to interpret production schedules and priorities, labor requirements, quality specifications, and technical procedures utilizing clear and concise verbal and written communication skills. Ability and desire to work hands on in a 24 hour a day plastics manufacturing plant.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office, ability to learn manufacturing data computer systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Technical or Business 2 Year Associates College degree preferred or experience.
Minimum 2-5 years manufacturing experience
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, ability to learn new computer data systems
Computer Skills: Oracle or MRP Manufacturing Systems, Infinity or any Quality Systems.
Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus.
Hourly Non-exempt Position
Can also apply in person between 8AM - 4PM at:
11610 Copenhagen Ct.
Franklin Park, IL 60131