This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
Sonoco Clear PackLocation: Franklin Park, IL 60131 Document ID: AC306-4XSN Posted on: 2018-08-1008/10/2018 Job Type: Regular
- 3+ years in an industrial environment, troubleshooting, repairing, and/or installing manufacturing equipment, including pneumatic and/or hydraulic equipment, and rotating equipment (driven shafts, blowers, fans).
- Experience in extrusion, injection molding, or thermoforming manufacturing operations preferred.
- Experience with machine shop equipment and welding.
- Electrical or controls experience a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects/responsibilities at same time.
- Self-motivated and pro-active.
- Able to read prints.
- Proficient with typical business software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), email, and the Internet.
- Education: Associates Degree or higher in technical field of study (mechanical/electrical/industrial technology)
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Safety: Zero (0) injuries. Will be required to support and/or lead safety initiatives for department and/or plant. Will be required to perform safety audits and training.
- Maintains and repairs production equipment as directed by Maintenance Supervisor.
- Install tooling in thermoforming machines as required by production.
- Maintains and repairs utility and facility-related equipment as directed by Maintenance Supervisor.
- Assist other maintenance personnel with repairs as needed.
- Assist other maintenance personnel with tooling changes and set up.
- Manage small projects to maintain or upgrade equipment.
Hours of Work:
This position will be required to work on shifts, up to 12 hours, per the Maintenance Department’s work schedule. May be required to work nights. Overtime could be required on a regular basis.
Job Classification: Hourly ($22 - $26), union
Can also apply in person between 8AM - 4PM at:
11610 Copenhagen Ct.
Franklin Park, IL 60131