This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
Sonoco Clear PackLocation: Franklin Park, IL 60131 Document ID: AC306-4XSJ Posted on: 2018-08-1008/10/2018 Job Type: Regular
Minimum Education: Not Specified2018-09-09
- 5+ years in an industrial environment, troubleshooting, repairing, and/or installing: Electrical systems; controls systems, including drives and PLCs; sensors or other instrumentation.
- Experience in extrusion, injection molding, or thermoforming manufacturing operations preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects/responsibilities at same time.
- Self-motivated and pro-active.
- Able to read prints.
- Proficient with typical business software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), email, and the Internet.
- Able to perform all maintenance work as required. Electrical or mechanical repairs.
- Education: Associates Degree or higher in technical field of study (mechanical/electrical/industrial technology). Specialty in industrial controls preferred.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Safety: Zero (0) injuries. Will be required to support and/or lead safety initiatives for department and/or plant. Will be required to perform safety audits and training.
- Maintains and repairs production equipment as directed by Maintenance Supervisor.
- Maintains and repairs utility and facility-related equipment as directed by Maintenance Supervisor.
- Assist other maintenance personnel with repairs as needed, especially in particular areas of expertise (electrical controls, equipment set up, etc.).
- Assist other maintenance personnel with tooling changes and set up.
- Manage small projects to maintain or upgrade equipment.
Hours of Work:
This position will be required to work on shifts, up to 12 hours, per the Maintenance Department’s work schedule. May be required to work nights. Overtime could be required on a regular basis.
Job Classification: Hourly ($26 - $28), union
Can also apply in person between 8AM - 4PM at:
11610 Copenhagen Ct.
Franklin Park, IL 60131