This posting cannot receive an online application from your ChicagoJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Presence HealthLocation: Evanston, IL 60202 Document ID: AC224-0H0Y Posted on: 2019-05-2005/20/2019 Job Type: Regular
Patient Care Technician II, St. Francis, Evanston
Requisition ID: 52208
Location: Presence St Francis Hosp
Daily Hours: 8
Employment Type: Regular
Various positions and shifts available - Nights and PMs/Nights Rotating.
The Patient Care Technician II is responsible for assisting in the delivery of skilled, technical care as appropriate to their qualifications and certifications, the clinical area, unit and/or department needs, and according to established policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists patient with eating, drinking, dressing, bathing and personal hygiene.
- Performs back rubs and skin care as needed to ensure the patient's comfort and well-being.
- Transports patients to and from other departments as needed and provides assistance with tray set up and patient positioning.
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, respiration, daily weights and dietary intake of assigned patients, and records output fluids. Accurately records information according to department procedure to ensure inclusion in the patient's medical record. Reports changes in a patient's condition to a registered nurse promptly.
- Performs specific, technical patient care procedures such as administration of enemas, applications of heat and cold.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent required. Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or one year patient care technician experience in a healthcare setting required, but students currently enrolled in an approved nursing school program may be considered. One year patient care technician experience in a healthcare setting required, but students currently enrolled in an approved nursing school program may be considered.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software and EPIC/Meditech.
Bilingual skills preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
CPR Certification required, appropriate certifications in at least one or more of the following areas required: Phlebotomy (RPT), and/or EKG
Certified Nurse Assistant Certification preferred.
Business Unit: Presence Health