This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
AMITA HealthLocation: Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 Document ID: AD056-174R Posted on: 2019-02-2802/28/2019 Job Type: Regular
Nurse Navigator PRN Oncology Days - Cancer Center Institute - Elk Grove Village
RN-Patient Navigator - Oncology Admin 001 - PRN,Day - Cancer Center Institute - Elk Grove Village,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Serves as a patient navigator throughout the continuum of care.
- Functions as a liaison for management staff, administration, physicians, managed care companies, community organizations, and other customers.
- Coordinates efforts for treatment and promotes quality improvement and educational efforts.
- Compiles data, tracks outcomes, and makes recommendations for process improvement.
- Provides referrals/support for follow-up care for patients who are uninsured or underinsured.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- BSN strongly preferred.
- Navigation certification is preferred.
- 3-5 Oncology nursing experience strongly preferred
- Prefer OCN or Navigator certification
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
|More Jobs from AMITA Health|