This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
AMITA HealthLocation: Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 Document ID: AC336-274D Posted on: 2019-05-0805/08/2019 Job Type: Regular
Medical Assistant - Neuro Pain Mgmt - Travel
Title: Medical Assistant-AHMG
City, State: Elk Grove Village,IL
Location: AMITA Health - Eberle
Department: Neuro Pain Management
Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Day, 40 hours,Weekly
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
With the addition of Presence Health, AMITA Health is now the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The newly combined health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and now serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
Assists with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.
General Schedule will be M-F 8am to 5pm.
This position will travel between: Hoffman Estates, Schaumburg, Elk Grove, Bartlett on occassion to Carol Stream
- Assists with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT).
- Certified Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Healthcare Association.
- Certified Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA).
- HS or Equivalent
- High school diploma or equivalent requiredGraduate of certified medical assistant program preferred
- Previous experience in an assigned specialty preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
|More Jobs from AMITA Health|