This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
AMITA HealthLocation: Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 Document ID: AD305-1LXL Posted on: 2019-10-0710/07/2019 Job Type: Regular
Clinical Pastoral Care Education Resident
Resident-Clin Pastoral Educ - Mission Services 001 - Full-Time,Day - AMITA Health ABMC - Elk Grove Village,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Assists in providing pastoral care to patients, their family members and organizational staff.
- Performs or assists with performing pastoral visitation, public worship services and outreach services in assigned areas or to specific faith groups.
- Assists with assessing and responding to the spiritual and emotional needs of those counseled, including crisis intervention and bereavement.
- Participates in Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) curriculum and demonstrates a commitment to learning about the ministry of pastoral care, about oneself as a minister and the ways in which one's ministry affects those served.
- Documents visits and interventions appropriately according to the standards of the healthcare organization.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's degree required Master's degree in Theology,Spirituality or related field preferred 1 unit of Clinical Pastoral Education accredited by ACPE is required Ordination or equivalency in faith group is preferred
- 3 years of experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.