This posting cannot receive an online application from your ChicagoJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Presence HealthLocation: Elgin, IL 60123 Document ID: AC516-0I7S Posted on: 2019-05-0105/01/2019 Job Type: Regular
Staff Nurse - RN, Psychiatric Unit, St Joseph Hospital, Elgin
Requisition ID: 60037
Location: Presence St Joseph Elgin
77 North Airlite Street, Elgin, IL 60123-4912 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 20
Employment Status: Part-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Staff Nurse I - Registered Nurse is a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) who practices within the scope of the Illinois Nurse Practice Act to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, high quality, individualized nursing care, based upon knowledge and experience, the nursing process and leadership skills. The RN incorporates the Carative Factors of human care and performs established procedures in accordance with policies, procedures and standards of care of Presence health and the nursing division. The RN coordinates family involvement in the assessment, treatment and continuing care of the patient, and delegates tasks to competent and appropriate caregivers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses each patient's biophysical, psychosocial, environment, spiritual, cultural, self-care, educational and discharge planning based on age and development status.
- Develops and prioritizes an outcome directed plan of care to assigned patients and changes as necessary.
- Performs clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies, procedures, standards of practice and within scope of the State Nurse Practice. Documents care per established standards.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing interventions. Modifies the plan of care focusing on age and development status and patient outcomes.
- Assess patient and family educational needs and ability to participate and learn to achieve patient plan of care through collaboration with other team members.
- Reviews the plan of care and consults with the physician and other health care providers to adjust the plan to assure optimum patient outcomes within the scheduled timeframe.
- Utilizes the caring behaviors of empathy, active listening and cultural sensitivity and supports patient dignity.
- Provides patient/family education.
- All Level I nurses must meet and maintain annually of the Level I Performance Standards and expectations as outlined in the Level I section of the RN Levels of Practice Program. Additional duties in specialty area may also be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Graduate of an accredited Nursing program, Bachelors of Science in Nursing preferred
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, MS Outlook, and EMR applications.
Experience in EPIC preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current Illinois RN license, BLS certification. Certification is area of specialty is preferred.
Business Unit: Presence St Joseph Hosp Elgin
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability