This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
ConfidentialLocation: DeKalb, IL 60115 Document ID: AC492-4XQM
Ad Number: 1613457 Published on: 2018-12-1212/12/2018 Job Type: Regular
Published in: Shaw Media
Minimum Education: Not Specified2019-01-11
Shipping SupervisorAs seen in Shaw Media
Work Hours: Monday - Thursday, 10 hour shifts
Job Responsibilities: Responsible for the organization and direction of all shipping activities and coordinating the timely and accurate shipping of products.
- Supervises, coordinates and assigns work tasks to employees involved in order picking, material handling and shipping of products. Allocates work assignments based on shipping priorities and employee skill set.
- Receives shipping schedule, shipping orders and export orders from office. Identifies priorities. Maintains log book showing orders and dates shipped.
- Prepares address stickers and releases orders to shipping personnel.
- Checks and inspects order filling and related activities to ensure that tasks are being performed in accordance with established procedures and instructions.
- Coordinates with other supervisors to resolve issues or unique situations.
- Schedules designated common carriers for pickup as needed.
- Routes any returned products to correct department for evaluation as needed.
- Coordinates physical inventory as needed.
- Organizes all warehouse areas to maximize utilization of space, along with providing easy access to materials for inventory and material movement purposes.
- Maintains records and files related to department's activities, both paper and computerized files.
- Interviews applicants and recommends those for hire or transfer to the department.
- Trains, instructs and orients employees regarding Company and Department procedures. Cross trains employees to provide back up to others in the department.
- Addresses employee relations within the department, including wage adjustments and disciplinary actions, as needed.
- Enforces company policies, including those involving Safety and Personal Conduct.
- Notifies Maintenance Department about any necessary repairs.
- May perform common shipping functions as needed to assist operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED. 3-5 years of Industrial Warehouse experience, with knowledge of Industrial Trucks, Palletizing Equipment, Shrink Wrap Equipment, Shipping Software and UPS Scale required. Must possess in-depth knowledge of Warehouse and Shipping Techniques. Should have good written and verbal communications skills. Ability to organize work activities and exercise judgement required. Must be computer literate.
Email resume to: Job.firstname.lastname@example.org