This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
DeKalb Park DistrictLocation: DeKalb, IL 60115 Document ID: AB382-5IDJ
Ad Number: 1461809 Published on: 2017-09-2709/27/2017 Job Type: Regular
Published in: Shaw Media
Golf Maintenance SuperintendentAs seen in Shaw Media
Under the direction and supervision of the Superintendent of Marketing & Golf Operations, the Golf Maintenance Superintendent is responsible for the management of golf course maintenance operations at the DeKalb Park District. Duties include, but are not limited to, overseeing daily maintenance activities at River Heights Golf Course (18-holes) and Buena Vista Golf Course (9-holes); equipment, facility and course maintenance; staffing; risk management; assist preparing and monitoring associated budgets. This individual will also work closely with other departments in the district.
- Associate’s Degree in Turf Management or related field.
- Two (2) years of experience in golf course maintenance management in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of golf course turf maintenance practices to include daily and seasonal maintenance needs, fertilization and pest management.
- Good understanding of the operation and maintenance of irrigation systems including wells, pumps and automated systems.
Scheduling & Pay:
This is a full-time, year-round, exempt position. Hiring range is $50,201 - $60,241 annually, depending on qualifications.
The Dekalb Park District offers a wide variety of recreational facilities, programs, events, parks and open spaces. Major facilities include 2 golf courses, indoor sports center, outdoor aquatic, gymnasium, community center and administrative offices.
In exchange for your time and talent, we offer a generous benefit package, including:
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- FSA Healthcare
- Life Insurance
- AFLAC Indemnity Plans
- Legal Shield Plans
- 457 Deferred Comp. Plan
- Participation in IMRF (Retirement, Disability, Life)
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Time
- Personal/Sick Time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- DeKalb Park District Memberships & Privileges
Visit us at www.dekalbparkdistrict.com – go to “About” then “Employment Opportunities” to complete our online job application.
**Note: Consideration will only be given to applications completed online (please no resumes via email, mail, fax, etc.)**
The DeKalb Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer