This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
DeKalb County Youth Service BureauLocation: Dekalb, IL 60115 Document ID: AD034-3T93
Ad Number: 1625824 Published on: 2019-01-2501/25/2019 Job Type: Regular
Published in: Shaw Media
Minimum Education: Not Specified2019-02-24
Clinical Director / Youth and Family Couseling Program CoordAs seen in Shaw Media
DeKalb County Youth Service Bureau, Inc.
YFC Program Coordinator
The Clinical Director/Youth and Family Counseling Program Coordinator plans and manages all aspects of clinical work at the YSB, ensuring efficient and quality services are being rendered to the community. Under the general direction and authority of the Executive Director, the Clinical Director is a direct supervisor for all YSB programs and activities.
Supervision: The Clinical Director is responsible to the Executive Director of the YSB.
Categorization: YSB designates the following categories. Please see Employment Agreement for information specific to your designation.
FT100 - Full-Time Staff – 100% (37.5 hrs/week)
FT80 – Full Time Staff – 80% (30 hrs/week)
Permanent Part-Time Staff -20-30 hours/week
Hourly Staff – less than 20 hours/week
- Provide individual clinical supervision and lead group supervision for all clinical staff and graduate interns.
- Responsible for developing and strengthening YSB’s clinical services.
- Assess, evaluate and provide high quality services to DeKalb County youth and their families consistent with assigned programs.
- Provide both intra and inter-agency referral services for youth and families as determined by assessments.
- Manages contractual requirements related to professional and ethical codes.
- Review and sign paperwork—assessments, treatment plans, etc. as applicable.
- Train/hire staff and interns in YFC and Professional Practice.
- Act as spokesperson for the agency regarding agency services when directed by the Executive Director.
- Assist the Executive Director and Board of Directors in overall agency growth and planning.
- Attend and participate in YSB Staff meetings and Program Coordinator meetings.
Human Resources (in conjunction with the Associate Director, under supervision of Executive Director)
- Complete file audits on a regular basis to ensure quality of paperwork.
- Meet with staff regularly to evaluate caseload, discuss any case issues (either clinical or administrative).
- Train new staff and graduate interns in YFC and Professional Practice.
- Conduct monthly meetings and file audits with Graduate Therapist Interns to ensure proper file organization and completion.
- Assess clinical performance and goal achievement for the purpose of staff development and as reference for formal performance evaluations.
- Conduct evaluations of graduate interns per internship agreements.
- Assign all incoming clients for YFC and Counseling Assessments.
- Monitor all Staff and Intern YFC files and databases in conjunction with the Associate Director for consistency and accountability in congruence with DHS/DCFS and in a matter that is consistent with Agency Policy and Standards of Operation.
- Assign all YFC intakes and maintain YFC database.
- Remain current on all areas related to job duties.
- Maintain licensure in good standing
- Responsible for enhancing professional development opportunities for agency staff.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Assist with all agency outreach efforts.
Understanding of adolescent issues
Commitment to community
Verbal and written communication skills
Willing to work with diverse groups
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master’s Degree in Counseling, Marriage & Family Therapy or related field.
Active licensure, in good standing
Previous experience in a supervisory role of clinical staff
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common rations, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Email resume to: Diana Hulst firstname.lastname@example.org