This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
CaraLocation: Chicago, IL 60661 Document ID: AD116-001Y Posted on: 2019-03-2503/25/2019 Job Type: Regular
Minimum Education: Not Specified2019-04-24
Cara’s mission is to unlock the power and purpose within our communities and ourselves to create real and lasting success.
Since 1991, Cara has helped people affected by poverty (and often the challenges of recovery, domestic violence, episodic homelessness, and incarceration) to get and keep quality jobs and, more importantly, rebuild hope, self-esteem, and opportunity for themselves and their families in the process. We produce hundreds of jobs each year, at one-year, same-firm retention rates over 20 points higher than national norms and with over 70% of those retained residing in permanent housing in which their families can thrive.
Our results don’t just end with employment. We also maintain market-competitive businesses that create gateway jobs for those they serve and we produce a profound social return on investment, where for every dollar invested in this work, $5.97 is re-invested in society over a five-year time horizon. The work is important, not only because of its clear goal of bringing individuals in need back to the dignity and productivity of employment, but because of its clear mission to transform people’s lives. Families become stronger, relationships are healed, and communities become more vibrant because nothing gives you a positive outlook on life like a job.
For more information on Cara, visit www.carachicago.org
About the Role
The Training Specialist is responsible for creating, delivering, and managing training that prepares students for career opportunities; by delivering both personal (social, emotional, and professional) training while collaborating with external training sources to increase student learning and interviewing skills.
Director of Student & Alumni Affairs
Our participants build workplace competencies and socio-emotional skills before their job placement. Through classroom training and experiential learning, Cara provides the space to process and practice these hard/soft skills, enabling our people to become leaders in their own lives.
The Responsibilities of the Training Specialist
- Develop and facilitate curriculum for Strategic Job Search, resume building, interviewing, etc. in such a way as to prepare students for quality careers.
- Consistently assess the effectiveness of curriculum and foster innovative and new ideas for the Enterprise.
- Strategically research industry needs and employment trends, amending training curriculum as needed.
- Evaluates students’ progress based on observation of workplace competencies and socio-emotional skills and coordinates with other departments as needed.
- Incorporate workplace competency concepts through classroom training and experiential learning.
- Responsible for overall student management including assignment accountability, attendance, capacity, and flow throughout the facility.
- Participate in morning Motivations as requested.
- All other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Student & Alumni Affairs.
This position will be located on our South Side Campus.
Collaboration + Communication + Develops and Motivates Others
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of professional experience.
- 2 or more years of experience providing group instruction or in delivering curriculum
- High energy and ability to engage others towards a common goal.
- Strong work ethic and business acumen with ability to excel in a fast-paced and Collaborative environment.
- Experience working with an economically disadvantaged population, ideally in a coaching capacity.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cara is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Cara does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please email us at email@example.com if you require reasonable accommodation to complete this application. Please visit www.carachicago.org to apply. No phone calls please.