Everywhere WirelessLocation: Chicago, IL 60642 Document ID: AC376-5QW8 Posted on: 2018-09-2509/25/2018 Job Type: Regular
Technical Support Manager
Technical Support Manager
Company and Culture
If you're interested in changing the way Internet is being delivered, here is your opportunity to join Chicago's fastest growing Internet Service Provider (ISP). The company competes with Comcast and AT&T to provide Internet access to business and residential customers throughout Chicago and its first ring suburbs. Using the most advanced microwave and fiber-optic technology, EW has disrupted the status quo in the ISP space by providing customers with a superior Internet experience, all-the-way-around. Internet consumers have historically felt trapped by the "big telecom providers" with no other option but to accept poor customer service, slow Internet speeds, incessant service outages and high, always-increasing pricing. Everywhere Wireless customers have not been shy about letting the world know how much they love the service and company - via Yelp and Google.
Everywhere Wireless represents an ideal place to work, if you have a strong work ethic, an entrepreneurial spirit, you're a doer and you have a common-sensed approach to business. The company values initiative in its culture and rewards employees that consistently exceed goals, objectives and expectations. EW is headquartered in the West Loop technology hub within easy walking distance to the CTA, Michelin-rated restaurants, entertainment venues and the Fulton Market District, along with Groupon, Echo, Belly, Jump Trading, Lightbank and many other fast growing technology companies. The company is heavily involved with the Chicago community and its respective neighborhoods, ranging from participation in charity events to non-profit volunteer work to supplying many of Chicago's beaches and parks with free Wi-Fi through its partnership with the City of Chicago.
As the Technical Support Manager, you will manage a call center team of support specialists. We are looking for someone who is a team player, an excellent communicator who is comfortable managing a team of technical resources while also focused on making sure our customers receive the best service and support in Chicagoland.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Become an expert in the technology and tools required to effectively diagnose and resolve customer issues, including configuring customer routers and troubleshooting network issues.
- Maintain an unwavering focus on customer satisfaction, speaking personally to VIP customers and handling escalations as needed to ensure all customer issues and concerns are fully addressed
- Install, terminate, and troubleshoot CAT6 riser and shielded cables on patch panels and RJ-45 modular plugs.
- Route cabling in many different building types through the existing riser closets. Create new pathways for cabling to route from MDF to IDF closets and to the rooftop of buildings by coring and using EMT conduit, sleeves, and PVC.
Qualifications – REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field, or demonstrated equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience working in a technical support call center in a leadership role
- Solid understanding of networking protocols and IP addressing
- Proven, hands-on network technical support experience; seeking a “leader who does”
- Experience managing a technical team, yet with a business-minded approach
- Strong people and organizational skills; possess the ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills in excel and the ability to translate data into meaningful metrics that can be used to motivate behavior and achieve target results
Qualifications – DESIRED
- Experience with wireless equipment such as point to point radios (i.e. fixed wireless, microwave)
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Experience with VoIP based phone systems and IVRs
- Experience working with the Vtiger CRM system
Competitive base salary (significantly depending upon experience)
Health and Dental benefits; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; and more great perks.
Please apply below