This posting cannot receive an online application from your ChicagoJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Presence HealthLocation: Chicago, IL 60657 Document ID: AD002-0G6U Posted on: 2019-05-0705/07/2019 Job Type: Regular
Social Worker I SJH Chicago
Requisition ID: 60153
Location: Presence St Joseph Chicago
2900 North Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60657 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 0
Employment Status: PRN / Registry
Employment Type: Regular
The Social Worker I shares the responsibility of identifying social and emotional needs of each client. The position assists with arranging services to meet the needs of residents, providing liaison between the client, family, facility staff, and the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluates and assesses the social, cognitive, emotional, behavioral, and environmental status of residents as prescribed by regulatory agencies.
- Communicates with patient, family, relevant professionals, programs, agencies and others to help client secure service needs, make preferences known, and determine appropriate placement within the facility and in the community.
- Provides ongoing counseling and emotional/social support in relation to health/social needs, and plan of care, to enable them to cope with difficulties and properly utilize services.
- Documents interventions and updates care plans as prescribed by regulatory agencies, and as problem situations occur.
- Participates in ongoing evaluation of residents' needs and goals through multi-disciplinary care planning.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree strongly preferred (Master's may be required based on license). Preferred one year of hospital social work, relevant field work placement in the mental health field or home care experience is preferred.
Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current State of Illinois license as a Licensed Social Worker (LSW) or as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) required. Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification per department policy. Membership in National Association of Social Workers is preferred. Valid Driver's License.
Crisis Prevention Institute Certification required within 90 days of hire.
Business Unit: Presence St Joseph Hsp Chicago
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability