This posting cannot receive an online application from your ChicagoJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Safer FoundationLocation: Chicago, IL 60661 Document ID: AD296-003N Posted on: 2019-08-0108/01/2019 Job Type: Regular
Minimum Education: Not Specified2019-08-31
Chicago, IL 60661
The Safer Foundation is a social service provider to individuals with arrest and conviction records. Through a full range of services, including case management, educational instruction and advocacy, we focus on preparing individuals for the world of work by helping them find and keep productive and meaningful employment.
A Retention Specialist at the Safer Foundation is responsible for intake assessment, providing appropriate internal and external referrals, delivering employment preparation and retention services to clients to enhance their focus in reaching employment benchmarks - 30, 90, 180, and 365 days.The Retention Specialist conducts individualized career planning and facilitates groups centered in pre-employment peer groups. The Retention Specialist provides services appropriate to the client's service pathway: Transitional Employment Pathway requires troubleshooting and problem solving with regards to goals within a job setting with low-skilled clients who have no-to-little work histories; Job Ready Career Pathway requires the shaping of career paths and working to implement those plans with clients who have six months or more of work experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct intake assessment and assess client's needs and barriers to employment
- Identify client's suitability and eligibility for services; and convey results to client•
- In collaboration with the overall client services' team, provide courteous customer service that is client-centered and in adherence to all agency policy and procedures
- Execute the process of the Retention Services Model (RSM) as prescribed (example: assessing readiness for employment, career interview, and utilizing the STAR technique)
- Facilitate a retention group that supports job search activities for clients seeking, as well as retention activities for clients employed, with a view to advancement
- Maintain client engagement following a job start through a variety of means: phone calls, e-mail, social media, etc.
- Work one-on-one with clients to address issues that arise during the program that threaten employability and refer to appropriate services as needed.
- Maintain the relevant and timely data entry in database systems daily and/or reports as needed
- Complete special projects, along with routine expectations when it is required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and works appropriately with clients, peers, and supervisors.
- Must be able to write and communicate clearly and effectively present information in individual, small and large group settings.
- Service oriented and flexible to meet changing business needs.
- Ability to work well under pressure. •
- Knowledge of non-profits, strongly desired.
- Knowledge of the employment barriers people with criminal records face and how to re-mediate them.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or a minimum of 2 years' experience in direct service.
Please note that after you “submit” your application, you will receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt. Your email provider might misfile this mail as spam or junk mail. Check your spam and junk folders.
Safer Foundation is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Minorities/Females/Veterans
No Phone Calls Please
|More Jobs from Safer Foundation|