This posting cannot receive an online application from your ChicagoJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Skills for Chicagoland's FutureLocation: Chicago, IL 60601 Document ID: AB152-0T9H Posted on: 2017-11-2011/20/2017 Job Type: Regular
Retail Sales Associate/Cashier - Hudson Group (Midway)
Retail Sales Associate/Cashier - Full-Time
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland's Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland's Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills' Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hudson Group - Whether your operation is a million transaction a week commuter station...a mid-size O&D facility...or the international terminal of one of the world's largest airports...Hudson Group has the skills, experience and know-how to tailor a retail concessions program to meet your every need. From the world's leading travel essentials brand (Hudson/Hudson News)... To the widest array of national and international specialty and luxury brands... To sparkling cafes...charming bookstores...and magnificent duty-free shops. Hudson can offer you one-stop shopping and guaranteed results for your operation. And if you are a customer, Hudson Group is, simply, The Traveler's Best Friend. Location
Chicago, IL - Midway Airport (accessible by public transportation)
As a Sales Associate/Cashier you will provide excellent customer service and maximize sales by assisting in the daily operation of the store.
- Acknowledge and greet customers as they enter the store or approach the cashwrap.
- Follow all company policies, cash handling policies and special store loss prevention procedures.
- Communicate effectively with customers, fellow employees and store management.
- Effectively operate a cash register.
- Understand how to sell Lottery tickets, Mass Transportation tickets and Telephone Calling Cards.
- Know basic store layout to assist customers in their selection of product and be able to answer customer questions about the entire store.
- Be knowledgeable and familiar with the surrounding businesses/offerings within the facility.
- Assist other store employees in maintaining security in stores.
- Stock merchandise.
- Inform management of any out of stock situations.
- Help maintain a neat, clean, organized store, which includes sweeping, dusting, straightening of merchandise on store fixtures and displays.
- Perform related work as assigned.
- Ability to interact with diverse personalities.
- Proficiency in the operation of a cash register.
- High degree of interpersonal skills.
4:45am - 1pm / 1pm - 10:30pm (or last flight)
High School Diploma or GED
Prior stockroom or warehouse experience
|More Jobs from Skills for Chicagoland's Future|