This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
PPG IndustriesDocument ID: A7021-01RU Posted on: 01/14/2013 Job Type: Regular
Quality Control Technician
Position: Quality Control Technician (Off-Shift)
Company: Spraylat Corporation, a subsidiary of PPG Industries
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Start Date: February 18, 2013
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hours per Week: 40+
Work Hours: 10:30 p.m.-7 a.m.; Overtime likely and available; Training could be on any shift.
Salary/Benefit Notes: PPG Industries offers a full benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; paid holidays and vacation; a defined contribution retirement plan and a 401K savings plan, including employer match; a flexible spending account for medical and dependent expenses and tuition reimbursement.
Provide accurate quality testing on industrial paint and coatings manufactured at this facility in accordance with written test instructions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum - High school diploma or general education degree (GED) plus five years related experience and/or training. Have experience in spray application of paint and coatings.
- Preferred – Associate degree in chemistry, biology, physics or mathematics and minimum two years related work experience.
- Knowledge of basic word processing in order to prepare and save product certificates of compliance on the computer data base
- Ability to use math ratios to determine batch adjustments for various batch sizes
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Color matching experience preferred
PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a physical, hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG Industries, Inc. offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. An Equal Opportunity Employer.