This posting cannot receive an online application from your ChicagoJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Presence HealthDocument ID: AC224-0H0Q Posted on: 2019-05-2005/20/2019 Job Type: Regular
Home Health Nurses, Joliet Area
Requisition ID: 52202
Location: Presence Home Care Joliet
Come join our team of dedicated home care professionals focused on providing compassionate, quality care to patients in the Joliet area!
Presence Home Care Chicagoland has served our community for over 30 years, allowing patients to receive services in the most comfortable environment, their homes! Presence Home Care offers competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package as well as an individualized orientation program that combines e-learning, classroom learning, and hands-on training. We have full time and part time opportunities available throughout our Cook County service area.
The Home Health Nurse is a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) that practices within the scope of the Illinois Nurse Practice Act to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, high quality, individualized nursing care, based upon knowledge and experience, the nursing process and leadership skills. Uses the principles of community health nursing and the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation, to provide care to patients in their homes in accordance with the physician's medical plan of treatment. Collaborates with managers, physicians and other clinical disciplines in making decisions regarding patient's care, coordinates family involvement in the assessment/treatment and continuing care of the patient, and delegates tasks to competent and appropriate caregivers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses each patient's biophysical, psychological, environmental, self-care, educational and discharge planning needs based on age and developmental status.
- Develops a prioritized and outcome directed plan of care to assigned patients as necessary.
- Performs clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies, procedures, standards of practice and within limits of the Illinois Nurse Practice Act.
- Utilizes assessment skills during contact with patients to detect changes in status and initiates appropriate interventions.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing interventions by performing ongoing assessments and reassessments of patient problems, conditions and treatments. Modifies the plan of care focusing on age and developmental status.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Graduate of an accredited nursing program required. One year of medical-surgical nursing experience required.
Home Health experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Registered Nurse with a current Illinois License required. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required. Valid driver's license, access to a vehicle and proof of auto insurance required.