This posting cannot receive an online application from your ChicagoJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Safer FoundationLocation: Chicago, IL 60661 Document ID: AD393-0LZX Posted on: 2019-10-0210/02/2019 Job Type: Regular
Minimum Education: Bachelors2019-11-01
The Safer Foundation is a social service provider to individuals with arrest and conviction records. Through a full range of services, including case management, educational instruction and advocacy, we focus on preparing individuals for the world of work by helping them find and keep productive and meaningful employment.
Filling of this position is contingent upon finalization of the award.
General Summary: The Financial Counselor/Coach is responsible for providing one-on-one and group financial counseling services to Financial Opportunities Center clients and being a liaison to the banking community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate financial education classes; educate clients in sound financial principles and assist them in the process of overcoming their financial indebtedness.
- Help clients identify and modify ineffective money management behavior; provide financial counseling, including needs assessments, credit report explanation and household budget review.
- Provide support and advice on improving credit and arranging individual credit counseling sessions, and; interface with the banking community.
- Maintain client engagement once identified, to ensure clients remain engaged and are contacted frequently.
- Work closely with Retention Specialist, Income Support Specialist, and Case Managers to ensure effective integration of services and client referrals.
- Maintain complete records of client contact in Salesforce and/or another database as required.
- Documenting client interactions, interventions and activities, via established protocols, in an accurate and timely manner. Submitting periodic reports, completing case notes and maintaining audit-ready records.
- Completing contractual requirements accurately and timely.
- Routine assignments and special projects are completed as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of banking or other financial industry practices.
- Familiarity with private and public programs; skills in financial literacy, education, and self-sufficiency.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
Education and Experience:
- Financial Counselor accreditation
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and three years' experience are preferred.
Safer Foundation is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Minorities/Females/Veterans
No phone calls please
Please apply at the link below
|More Jobs from Safer Foundation|