This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
CBSL Transportation Services IncLocation: chicago, IL 60630 Document ID: AE385-4DJE Posted on: 2020-09-2809/28/2020 Job Type: Regular
Will not pay relocation expenses
Minimum Education: Associates2020-10-28
The Dispatch Planner will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely driver planning required by regulation or company program including but not limited to related to Customer Orders, Driver Management System, etc. They will be tasked with performing routine administrative functions as directed by the Transportation Manager as well as the Operations Manager. In addition, they will work closely with Dispatchers and Drivers in coordinating so that the customer’s expectations are met. The Dispatch Planner will be responsible for other duties as assigned by the Transportation Manager. The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational skills and ability to multitask. This role calls for a high degree of professionalism and requires that the employee maintain strict confidentiality as it relates to customer information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
• Scheduling of drivers and equipment to meet customer needs.
• Communicate with drivers and contractors about next day load planning
• Handles customer orders and records customer requirements on each call or email. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Communicates and coordinates with drivers and inter company departments via email or phone.
• Is team-oriented and works collaboratively to achieve team goals.
• Coordinate equipment needs per loading requirements.
• Verifies order is correct and back-up documentation is provided as needed.
• Brings energy, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude to the job.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Has effective organizational skills. Keeps files and work area organized.
• Maintain proper attendance and punctuality critical to the operation.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
• High School Diploma/GED required
• TMW or Truckmate Experience is Highly preferred
• Experience with Live Dispatch is preferred
• Knowledge and understanding of DOT standards
• Bilingual Preferred
The attractive compensation and option package available for this exciting opportunity includes:
• Excellent opportunity for advancement and long-term employment
• Medical Insurance,
• Dental Insurance,
• Disability Benefits,
• Life Insurance,
• Vision-care plan,
• Tuition assistance program
• 401K with up to 3.5% employer match
• PTO program